Santa Grand Hotel Bugis Review


Another stay in Singapore and this time decided to try out the Santa Grand Hotel Bugis. The hotel is located about 10-15 minutes walk away from Bugis MRT. The walkway between the MRT station and the hotel is rather dark but then again, its Singapore one of the safest places in the world.

Anyway, I was given a room with no window. On first entering the room, I found the room rather large for what I was used to. I guess Santa Grand Bugis was considered a mid range hotel.

Queen Sized Bed
Just enough space to fit a laptop
Kettle for tea or coffee

Mineral water replenished everyday
The room came with a safe and fridge. Strange enough though, the fridge was stored inside a wardrobe. If you look closely at the picture below, you will see that the fridge doesn't actually fit and is sitting partly on the wardrobe frame. This means that the wardrobe doors doesn't close properly. No biggie, just interesting :)
Safe, fridge
Ah the bathroom, no funky smells, toothbrush and toothpaste provided, comb, hair dryer. Everything I need.

Hair dryer, toothbrush and comb provided
 As I looked at the shower, I got a huge smile on my face. A RAIN SHOWER! Guess tonight i'll be taking an extra long shower. I find rain showers so relaxing. The water pressure and hot water was great, no sudden drop in hot water unlike some of the other hotels I've stayed.

Rain shower!
Just be aware that staying in this hotel, its rather difficult to call for taxi's. I've noticed a few times where there a few guests asking the front desk to help to book a taxi at night but with no taxi's available. Would probably be better off walking to Bugis and catching one there.

Good thing was this hotel came with breakfast. Typically, the breakfast comes with two types of fried rice or noodles each day and some dishes like sausages, chicken and deep fried fish keeps rotating. The ham seem to stay on everyday.
Day 1 breakfast
The second day I had some toast which you had to toast yourself and the nice waitress helped to take it to my table as soon as it was done. The fried fish was nice. like an extra salty fish and chips hehe. I like my things salty. Took a few more of those after taking the picture.
Day 2 breakfast
I liked the breakfast there as it wasn't too crowded, I was able to get a seat and enjoy a hearty meal. There's a coffee/tea/milo machine if your interested to make it yourself. For me, I'm a juice person.

I found it a very nice stay, would have liked to have a window for the price I paid though (SGD180/night). Would love to stay in Santa Grand Bugis again on my next trip if budget allows it. If not its back to budget hotels again.

Comments

Sneha Nair said…
Hi,
Out of all branded Websites i found your review to be most helpful before planning my tour with my family.
Can you please advise out of the below pictures, which room is with balcony.
Thank you so much for posting your review.
minicart said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Popular posts from this blog

Ant problems? A close look at ant traps/baits

HopShopGo Review