WiiWare: Dr Mario Online Rx

Nintendo Wii has recently released Dr Mario Online Rx on WiiWare. I decided to give it a try, so went to the wiishop and bought 1000 points and downloaded this new WiiWare. After a couple of minutes and 93 blocks later, I started the game.
What I found was two games in one. One is the classic Dr Mario and another is called Virus Buster which uses the wiimote as a pointer to move the capsules.

The single player and vs mode are just the same as the classic mario. One interesting feature is that you are able to play Dr Mario against the whole world. This is the reason why I downloaded it. I'm not a very big fan of the original game but having online play changes everything. I went online I gave it a try only to have my ass kicked in less than 5 minutes. Well better practice on single player mode though, at least i'll be able to play against and easy computer.


The online mode also has a player ranking system. So you can check your skill level vs the whole world. So far i'm ranked pretty low as I suck at this game at the moment hehe..
So far most of the players on the top ranks are Japanese. I guess since they got Dr Mario first, there are more players there.

Other than the classic Dr Mario, this wiiware comes with Virus Buster. After having a go at this, I find that I like the Virus Buster better compared to the classic Mario as in this mode, you are able to play 4 players simultaneously which can be great party fun.

As a puzzle lover, I find that 1000 points spent was well worth it. The online play will keep you entertained indefinately plus virus buster lets you play a cooperative mode with a friend or family member. I only wish there was a vs mode for virus buster. As for the Classic Dr Mario, There should have been an option for 4player vs or co-op.

Comments

Carl said…
While Mario games are really awesome and classic, there are alternatives worthy to be mentioned as well like Alto's Adventure

Popular posts from this blog

HopShopGo Review

Ant problems? A close look at ant traps/baits

Santa Grand Hotel Bugis Review